Celebrating bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others
- Use the logo above in the post.
- Link to whoever nominated you.
- Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
- Nominate ten fellow bloggers
- Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
I’m going to share a little secret. I don’t know much about blog awards. I’ve been blogging for nearly a year, and still don’t have all the ins and outs. I have had the opportunity to meet some fantastic people over the last year, though, and have found some truly inspiring blogs. Since ADHD Kristi & Co. is brand spanking new, imagine my surprise (and delight!) when it was nominated for the Sunshine Blog Award! My heartfelt thanks go to CeeLee from Swim in the Adult Pool for the nomination! She is an inspiration, and her blog is fantastic, so go read it, right this very minute!! I guess this is the part where I’m supposed to tell you some information about myself. Hmmm..something you don’t already know, I suppose.
- My favorite colors are red and purple. I’ve used both in my home and had the fleeting thought that a visitor could very well mistake the master bedroom for a bordello. Then I figured that one of the perks of being single is you can decorate in any colors you dang well choose. I also don’t have many visitors, so I guess it’s safe.
- I absolutely love to sing. People look at you rather strangely when you’re driving down the road, windows open, belting out Stormy Weather at the top of your lungs as if you believe you are Billie Holiday reincarnated.
- The chaos and clutter associated with my ADHD embarrasses me.
- I live in fear of never having another story idea. I daydream that the ideas shrivel and die and I’m never able to write another book.
- I suck at all things mathematical.
- I believe wholeheartedly in white-picket-fence-happily-ever-after and hope I get to experience it someday.
- I am claustrophobic. I once hyperventilated in a haunted house because the passage was so narrow and there were so many people in it. I always wondered, when one of the monsters was showing me to an exit, if they really believed they had scared a grown woman that badly.
- I want to gain control over the impulsivity and procrastination of my ADHD so that I can lose weight and be healthier.
- Two things I most want to see are the Amazon River and the aurora borealis. Okay, make that three, I want to go to Romania too.
- I wish there was more understanding and knowledge associated with mental illness.
That about covers that…now here is my list of nominees for the Sunshine Blog Award. I’ve nominated these particular blogs because in each of them I find either a brave person willing to share their struggles in order to raise awareness of an issue or to help themselves heal, or to be an example for others. I applaud these bloggers for their openness and the light that they share.
I know that all bloggers are not in to the awards thing, and although I tried to double check the above blogs, if I added a blog that doesn’t participate in awards, just know that I think the blog is awesome and that you really should check them out and show some love. I am so excited to have received the Sunshine Award! I hope that I can truly be inspiring, as others have inspired me.